Martha's Vineyard Blog
- Published on Sunday, 20 May 2012 13:01
- Written by Bed and Breakfast Staff
Summer has finally arrived to Martha's Vineyard! With Memorial Day Weekend opening the season, there is plenty to do and see. Whether you are coming for a day or entire weekend, it all starts with an exciting 45-minute ferry ride.
Things to do on Martha's Vineyard for Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri, May 25, 2012, 4:30-7:30 pm Get a Lobster Roll at The Grace Church in Vineyard Haven
- Sat, May 26 from 4:00 - 7:00 pm Oak Bluffs Arts District Opening Reception at Dragonfly Gallery
- Mon, May 28, 2012 12:00pm to 4:00pm Tisbury's Memorial Day Picnic at Waterworks Park. The town of Tisbury sponsors the annual Memorial Day picnic, open to all, at the Tisbury Waterworks property. There will be children's games, music, rowboats, free ice cream, and ponies. Grills will be available. The rain date is May 29th.
- Fri, May 25, 2012 - Sun, May 27, 2012 10:00am to 6:00pm (Free) Martha's Vineyard Annual Art Show. Venue: MV Agricultural Society, West Tisbury (Opening Gala party is on Thursday May 24th 6 PM - 8 PM. Tickets are $50)
The Art Show features the artwork of over 100 Island artists.
- This is first in 2012 Vineyard Artisans Summer Craft Fair. Venue: Grange Hall
- Sun, May 27, 2012, 10:30am Oak Bluffs Memorial Day 5K Road Race and 1Mile Family Fun Run
Starts: Wesley Hotel, Oak Bluffs
- Sat-Sun, May 26/27, 2012, 10am-5pm Visit Gay Head and Edgartown Lighthouses opening for the season.
Weather for the Memorial Day Weekend on Martha's Vineyard [snapshot]